Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hope there are Horses in Heaven

My friend Peyton has gotten me back into riding horses. I have forgotten how much I love it! Riding horses is my drug.

Peyton has also introduced us to vaulting. So of course Marian just had to join. She wants to be on the competing team so bad. I will get some better pictures.

The vaulting team Marian is part of is doing a rescue horse program. You can keep track of the horses we rescue and their progress on Facebook under "Technique Horse Rescue". Wish was the first horse we rescued. He had sores all over him and bones sticking out. So the families of the group would help feed him and take care of whatever was needed. Once he started getting healthy his personality was coming out. When we were taking this picture of Wish and Marian, he was trying to put his hooves on the gate also. I guess he thought he could stand on it too. Marian wanted to adopt him so bad. But we would not have a place for him. He has now been adopted out to a family. We will miss him!
Before: All of the sores

After: All gone

Before: Look how skinny he was. You can see his bones. :(

After: Look how healthy, shiny, and happy he looks!

We love Wish! Gonna miss him so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment